Personal Action PA40 – Part 2
The first step in the HCM Modules is Hiring an Employee. Then Maintain record for the Hired Employee and execute the payroll.
Hiring an Employee in SAP
T-Code : PA40
Menu Path: Human Resource > Personnel Management > Administration >HR Master Data>Personnel Action
Check the Personal Action PA40 – Part 1
Enter the details as mentioned in Personal Action PA40 – Part 1. Save the entry & Press Next.
- Maintain the Subarea Ex: Location
- Payroll Area. Save the entry & Press Next.
Following are the administrator heads in PA module:
- Personnel Administrator – Head of HR/Administration department.
- Time Administrator – Head of Time department.
- Payroll Administrator – Head of Payroll department.
- Supervisor – Head of any department.
Payroll Area is not at all concerned with the geographical location but it is decided or created by considering following two characteristics:
- Processing cycle of payroll i.e. Weekly/Fortnightly/Monthly ( Payment date i.e. 1st of each month for worker and 7th of each month for manager and staff)
- Earliest possible retroactive accounting period.
- Maintain the Personal Information of the Employee. Ex: Birth Date, Birth Place, Nationality, Religion. etc
- Save the entry & Press Next.
Family Member/ Dependents
- Maintain the Spouse and Child Details if employee status is Married.
- Select Permanent Residence and Press enter.
- Maintain the Address details of the Employee
Planned Working Time
- Maintain the Work Schedule rule.
- Time Managment Status:
- In the Payscale Section maintain the Group (As per the position) and in the level as per the grade. Press enter
- Wage types are configured as per the position. It will Automatically shows the assigned wagetype to the position.
- Maintain the Amount for the Wage types.
- Save the Entry.
- Maintain the Bank Details. If salary is transferred to Bank
- For the payment method Cash. No need to enter the Bank Key.
- Save the entry.
After the Hiring Process is completed. Then Next Action is to Maintain the employee Master Data in PA30.
Maintain HR Master Data PA30