Personal Action PA40 – Part 1
The first step in the HCM Modules is Hiring an Employee. Then Maintain Master Data for the Hired Employee and execute the payroll.
Personnel Actions are the activities carried out on an employee (personnel) within the organization.
All personnel actions viz. Hiring, Confirmation, Promotion, Transfer, Change in pay, Separation, Re-hire etc. are maintained here.
Hiring an Employee in SAP
T-Code : PA40
Menu Path: Human Resource > Personnel Management > Administration >HR Master Data>Personnel Action
- Select the Action Type – Hiring. Then press F8 (Execute).
- Maintain the Start date which is Date of Joining and to Date .
- Maintain the Personal Data
- Maintain the Organization Assignment
* Assign the position if it is maintained already by pressing F4. If not create the new Position.
Creating Position and Job
- Select the Organization Unit. Press Enter
- Place the cursor on top of the organizational Unit Company and press Create.
- Maintain the department for the company if not exist.
- Place the cursor on top of the organization unit department and press create.
- Maintain the Position for the department
- Give the Abbrevation and Name for the position and create job.
- Enter the validity period for the Position.
- Save the entry.
- Now Assign the Position to the Hired New Employee.
- Save the entry.
Personnel Area is an organizational unit that represents a specific area of the enterprise and is organized according to the aspects of ‘Personnel’, ‘Time Management’ and ‘Payroll’.
Personnel Sub-area is an organizational unit that represents a specific area of the enterprise and is organized according to aspects of ‘Personnel’, ‘Time Management’ and ‘Payroll’. It is further division of Personnel Area.
Employee Group( EE Group):
Employee groups are categorized based on employee/staff regulations of work and pay such as
1-Active, 2-Inactive, A-Retiree, B-Pensioner etc
Employee Subgroups are the further divisions of employee group such as under ‘Active’ employee group the possible employee subgroups could be
A1–Hourly wage earner, A2–Salaried Employee OR B1-Manager, B2-Executive, B3-Supervisor etc